Monday, February 24, 2014

I understood everything ( Feb. 24th)


“Jesus did not come to improve God’s view of man nearly so much as He came to improve man’s view of God and to plead with them to love their Heavenly Father as He has always and will always love them. The plan of God, the power of God, the holiness of God, yes, even the anger and the judgment of God they had occasion to understand. But the love of God, the profound depth of His devotion to His children, they still did not fully know—until Christ came.

So feeding the hungry, healing the sick, rebuking hypocrisy, pleading for faith—this was Christ showing us the way of the Father, He who is ‘merciful and gracious, slow to anger, long-suffering and full of goodness.’ In His life and especially in His death, Christ was declaring, ‘This is God’s compassion I am showing you, as well as that of my own.’  In the perfect Son’s manifestation of the perfect Father’s care, in Their mutual suffering and shared sorrow for the sins and heartaches of the rest of us’” (The Grandeur of God, Jeffrey R. Holland)

This talk Is such a neat lesson to understand that God Is always there for us and that we often forget how much he does for us, I was reading In the new testament this morning and I came across a powerful scriptures In romans 8 :38—“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39--Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which Is In Christ Jesus our Lord.”  It made me realized that there isn’t anything that can ever separate us from god he is and will be our father forever.

This week we were able to go and knock doors, a while ago we found a man who Is very Interested In learning more we were able to go back don talk with him he told us that he can’t understand scriptures, we Introduced the book of Mormon to him and he said he wouldn’t be able to read It nor understand, he speaks English and Spanish and we told him that as he read the book of Mormon he would understand every bit of It, I pulled out my Spanish book of Mormon and I had him read out loud the moronic promise and after he read he said I understood everything and the spirit was strong and It helped us all to know that the holy ghost really does help us understand and bring to a better knowledge.

This week on a certain day was probably the windiest day on my mission there was dirt envy where but we were able to keep going. We were In the reservation and we came In contact with one of our Investigators we hadn’t seen In a while, he let us teach him on his porch and though the winds were hard and we had dirt In our teeth It was a powerful lesson and we were able to sing to him " I need thee every hour" In Navajo!!! As we were singing the wind stopped and there was no more dirt in the air, it was to me a tender mercy of the Lord.

This week we were able to find 3 new Investigators who are very Interested In learning more, I love this mission and the people that we get to meet every day! We had the opportunity to make fried bread with a less active family; I now know how to make it I can’t wait to make it for my family when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment