Wednesday, March 12, 2014

To bare my testimony in Navajo (March 3)

"Nevertheless, the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, an join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God"-Alma 6:6
I love this scripture it made me realize how important it is to fast for Heavenly Father’s children.  I never really understood the importance of it until my mission.  I can’t even describe in words how my mission has helped me.  It is something that I would recommend for every young woman who has the desires to serve to go on a mission.

This week we had a great week.  We had exchanges with the Gallup sisters and they are just so great we were able to have really great spiritual experiences and work hard! I love serving with other sisters in the mission they teach me so much and they help me improve!

This fast Sunday, I was able to bare my testimony in Navajo, and though I was nervous I did it!!! There was only about 10 members who speak Navajo and they all understood me so they say, but I really felt the spirit. Every time I share my testimony it builds me up and it helps me know why I am out here.  It gives me strength to keep going and working hard even when times get hard. The native members were telling me how I just need to add a "J.O" to my name then it will be SISTER NAVAJO.  It made me laugh because I have already butchered a goat and I have been dressed up in traditional clothing and I can sing in Navajo and I can make fried bread.  All I need is to actually be fluent in the language, hahah! I love this mission so very much.

This Saturday, it poured and hailed on us and we were tracting in the reservation and no one would answer their doors but it was really neat to be able to talk to those that did open up and even though they were not interested it helped me to want to keep working hard and in the end we were able to have a successful day, full of tender mercies of the Lord. It does not matter how the weather is for a missionary at least because all I want to do is simply work hard and help people come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ.


We are going to have a baptism on the 15th!! All is going so very well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment