Monday, March 24, 2014

How he learns best (March 24th)

“And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen" I was reading in Alma this week and i love this scripture because it reminded me of my purpose as a missionary and how it really is to help people realize the plan that God has for them.”

This week has been a very fast week but it was great! We had a baptism. It was two young children. We have been teaching them for a while and it was neat to see them enter the waters of baptism. It all turned out very well, the most spiritual part was when they got confirmed in sacrament meeting. Its powerful it listen to someone bless  heavenly fathers children and bless them to one day go on a mission or to get married in the temple and as a missionary i can picture that moment and it brings tears of happiness.

We have 5 investigators that are really progressing and they all want to come to church. I was really happy to receive transfer news when i heard that i will be staying in my area again. I truly love this area it has so much work tats has to be done and I’m grateful to still be with my companion sister Baird. We strive to be always busy and many spiritual experiences come our way. I have noticed that i have not been tired, i have jumped out of my bed with a smile on my face and it’s because i really do want to serve the Lord and enjoy my mission.

We were teaching a young man the plan of salvation and as we were teaching him he wasn't really listening or we suppose not understanding the lesson, so we stopped our teaching and asked him how he learns best and he told us by seeing it and so we were able to teach him according to his needs with pictures and trying to make it more interesting for him, and it made me realize how important it is to teach people not lessons. During the lesson he was more interactive with us and he ended having questions and concerns which we love because it helps him learn through his own faith. it was a really neat thing to experience and there are moments that it’s important to just stop the lesson and see if they are even understanding your message because if they aren’t there is no way they can developed the testimony of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment