Monday, February 24, 2014

Ask our father In heaven for help (Feb. 18th)


"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for It Is the power of god unto salvation to everyone that believed" (Romans chapter 1) I read this passage In my personal study and It’s such a powerful verse, because I am not ashamed of the gospel and that is why I came on my mission to teach others and even though there are certain experiences that are hard In the end the gospel is what matters most to me.

This week has been a week of miracles we were In the reservation on a Saturday and we had an appointment with a less active man, he was outside fixing his cars but he found himself In a dilemma he had locked the keys In the car and had no way of getting them out he had tried to open the window with some tools and then we arrived. As we tried I tried to help ( knowing that I have very little knowledge on cars and especially on how to break Into one) I tried my hardest to help I then felt a strong feeling to tell this older man to allow us to pray and ask our father In heaven for help. It took me awhile but I said It and he looked at me very puzzled and said "well If he will hear you then sure why not" I then offered a short prayer simply letting god know that we needed his help, In about 3 seconds after the prayer I wiggled the door and It opened he was amazed and we were all amazed It was a day of remembering that when we are In a dilemma wither It Is big or small It does not matter, we need to remember to always ask the lord for help.

This week we had the opportunity to walk In our area and we found a home we felt we should knock on, we knocked 3 times and no answer we then proceeded to go to the next house but a man came out of his garage and we were able to teach him and give him a book of Mormon and he was prepared by the lord. I was a true divine tender mercy.

This week the highlight of my Monday evening was we were chased by a dog and I tried to throw treat but It continued to chase us all the way to our car, the hard thing was that we had an appointment and that dog wouldn’t let us get In, we finally managed to get In the home, and boy did we look like we had just ran a marathon. It brought so much laughter to our companionship and it was a great way to start the week. Also I just found out that back in blending a family that I taught was baptized. They were the family that dressed me up in the native clothing I love them and they are now faithful members of the church oh how I wish to have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment