Thursday, June 27, 2013

Do the best you can

YATE everyone:)
 
"Do the best you can, but i want to emphasize that it be the very best. We are too prone to be satisfied with mediocre performance. We are capable of doing so much BETTER"- Gordon B. Hinckley
 
This week has been a blessing. We are now able to have one hour a day to study Navajo. We are the only sister missionaries to have this blessing out side the reservation to learn Navajo. It is not an easy language but i know that if i humble my self i can learn.
This week yesterday i had a great experience. The promptings of the holy ghost are amazing. Me and my companion were about to get into our car, i looked over and i saw two native elderly couple walking. I heard in my head don't get in the car go talk to them. I instantly told my companion to get out the car. As we approached them they were very friendly and we talked and laughed. We asked them if they would want to meet with us to learn more about what we do as missionaries they accepted, but the woman said "do you speak Spanish?" i responded yes and she said " oh then you must know how to cook tacos and rice" little did she know that, that is one of my strengths. we then agreed to have dinner at their home and i will be cooking for all of them i never realized what a blessing it would be to know how to cook in order to teach somebody haha. We eat and teach them tonight. I know that something good will come from this weather if its just a small seed planted in their hearts or them coming closer to their Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful that i was prompted to talk to them. We are very excited and they are willing to quiz our Navajo if we help them in learning Spanish.
 
This week has also bee full of the spirit. we were able to again exceed all of our goals and continue on helping others come closer to the truth. Transfers are in 3 weeks July 13th. I cant believe its already been 4 months missions do go by fast and I'm so thankful to be able to have the opportunity to train and continue on being a faithful servant of the Lord.
 
This Sunday the fire side was absoultley amazing. I know that the Lord wants all of his children to be missionaries whether your set apart to do it or not. I'm thankful for those missionaries that changed my life. The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is a missionary church. We must be all willing to help the Lords kingdom grow.
 
Sister Nava

No comments:

Post a Comment