Sunday, May 5, 2013

I have seen miracles here on my mission

Yate everyone!!!
 
This week has been amazing i have come to realize how much love i have for the scriptures and how much help and guidance they contain. I have seen miracles here on my mission. I have seen people change for the better. This coming up week on May 6th we will be having a baptism.we have been working with this young man for while he is 19. This young man when we met with him he had a lot of questions, but these certain questions were not going to be able to help him grow in the gospel. Several of weeks passed and he finally wanted to meet with us again, as we met with him we shared a Mormon message " You don't know everything but YOU know enough" as he watched this video his eyes filled with tears and he told us that a week ago he wrote down his testimony of the things he knew to be true. As he read his testimony to us i realized that he said " i might not know everything but i know enough to guide me and help me return back to my heavenly father" i know that the spirit prompted us to share that message he realized that he needed to stick to the basics, which is faith in Jesus Christ,repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. This young man truly knew that once he had faith all of his questions would be answered through the power of prayer and the power of the holy ghost. It is a privilege to see one of heavenly fathers children come to realize that this is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
 
We also met with a young man about in his late 20's. He is a member but hadn't been to church in years. We met him through our recent convert he had no place to live at and she was kind enough to let him stay at her place. Me and my companion had no idea of this situation, we felt prompted to go to her home and there he was sitting on the couch. I know we were sent to this young man to help him regain his faith in Jesus Christ. That day we had the most sacred and most amazing lesson. The spirit was so strong and he knew he had to change. This young man has been in jail has done almost every drug you can imagine, has been divorced and he said to us " heavenly father must love me for sending you sisters to me" The lord works in mysterious ways he sent our recent convert to meet him and offer him a place to stay at and he sent us to him. This young man has now been attending church and is taking addiction recovery classes and has been reading his Scriptures everyday and night. He has had a mighty change of heart through the power of the atonement. every time we meet with him he tells us " I don't understand i never saw myself reading the scriptures and doing whats right at this point of my life". the very first time we met with him as we were teaching him i saw him in a white shirt and a tie as  a worthy son of god. It truly was the most sacred experience i have ever experienced. I know the lord cares about his children and i know everyone has their timing to realize the love that the savior has for them
 
I know that i have been sent to this mission for a reason. I love all of the people i teach and i love that i get to be a part of this glorious work. Heavenly father is mindful of all his children. he has sent me to those that need to hear the gospel. I know that if i strive to be an obedient missionary that the Lord will bless me with amazing experiences. 
 
- Sister Daniela Nava
 

No comments:

Post a Comment