Monday, April 22, 2013

She has made the temple her priority

Inline image 1
YATE!! EVERYONE
 
This week has been amazing i have had many experience where I know I'm suppose to be here for a reason and for certain people. This last week the woman that got baptized on Saturday went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead on Wednesday. I'm just so amazed how she has made the temple her priority. Its truly a blessing to be able to see someone change their life.
 This week our area is now a zone which means no more Wal-mart :(  and its sad because in my area there is only one store to buy things and its super expensive but i love it here, i realized how blessed i was back home to have Wal-Marts and stores everywhere i went.. Blanding is a beautiful place and i have met people that i love.
 
This week we have set 5 baptism dates for may we hope and pray that they all can progress and be able to keep their commitments. I had the opportunity to experience something that has helped me on my mission. Me and my companion felt prompted to go to the dorms and when we were walking towards them we saw a woman who we have been trying to meet with for several of weeks, she looks at me and my companion and says can i have a hug? me and my companion look at her and give her a hug, we asked her if she was willing to have a lesson she said yes. It was during the lesson where i realized that heavenly father is mindful of all of his children. this woman had been crying in the park because she felt like her life was a mess and that she couldn't handle it any more she told us that as she was crying in her car she thought of missionaries, and felt prompted to go to the dorms. As she told us this i couldn't help to keep my tears in because her prayer was answered and i know that we were suppose to be there for her. We had no idea why  we were going to the dorms but i now understand why. we were there for her to bring her a tender message that helped her. This woman was so thankful and she helped me build my testimony knowing that our heavenly father knows and cares about his children
 
we also had the chance to teach a Spanish man that lives 30 minutes away from our area. I never imagined that someone was ready to here the gospel and was willing to listen to us. Its truly a blessing to be  able to speak Spanish and help those that  want to be taught. Me and my companion are the only sisters that speak Spanish in our mission. I know that heavenly father prepared both of us. teaching the gospel in Spanish is quite difficult but i know that with the spirit all things are possible.  I'm blessed to be able to start picking up a little bit of Navajo. I'm learning how to say my testimony in Navajo. I might not speak it very well but its a blessing to be able to testify of the things i know in a different language. one of the biggest blessing i get to experience on my mission is being able to teach the natives about their ancestors and to testify that the Book of Mormon was written for them and from their ancestors. This mission is a privilege and a blessing to be able to teach the descendents of Lehi. i love my mission
 
This week i have learned that the lord hears our prayers and loves me as an individual servant. I know this church is true and I'm grateful to be a part of this great and marvelous work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment