Monday, April 15, 2013

My first baptizim

Yate everyone!!:)

This week has been an amzing week i had the oppurtunity to see my first baptizim this saturday. Becca is a woman that has changed a lot and i was blessed to see her change her life and enter into the waters of baptism. She is a completly different woman she has changed so much.

the reason that this week was such a blessing was because i had the oppurtunity to extend 4 baptism dates and to see people change it has been a blessing in my life. We were teaching a young girl around her 20's she has had a rough life and to see her feel the holy ghost as we shared the first vision her eyes teard up and she was amazed. She said " i know this is true i just do" those words filled my heart with joy. Its amazing how the holy gost testifys that this church is the church of Jesus Christ.

I also had the chance to teach a women and her young daughter they are from Aneth the reservations. this woman is amazing she has many struggles but to also see her eyes light up as we teach her its just simply a blessing to wittness such a great expirience. She is getting baptized may 11th. I m so blessed to see people get closer to their savior.

We have been working with alot of families and encouraging them how important family home evening is and how it will strengthen their families. I know that the home is a place to learn and haev peace and it is our jobs to make it a home of peace anfd happiness.

I know that being a missionary is hard but just like alma when he was feeling discourage and sorrow because no one would listen to him he was strengthened by the Lord. As i read Alma 8-:14-15 i knew that i have a purpose here and that is to bring heavenly fathers children joy and the fulness of the gospel. I know this to be true. There will be times in our lifes that we may feel in capable of doing such things but our Savior and Our Heavenly father will always be there to help us. He has helped me and i know that he Knows us in particular everything that we suffer and go through. As i teach certain people and see them uppset and the sorrow that they have in their hearts i only can testify that their Lord their savior can help and when they hear those words they know it be true. I know that i have been selected as an individual to bless others life's. How great is my calling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment