Monday, April 7, 2014

She was called to this earth to be my mother 04/07/2014


YATE' HEEY' EVERY ONE:)

Well so far everything has been going great in this area! The work was a little slow this week but every day we come home with a smile on our faces and knowing that good things will come. This week we will be starting our exchanges and it will continue all the way till the end of this transfer so we will be very busy. I don’t think I have told you all about my companion her name is Sister Baird and she is from Idaho she is a very nice companion and I’m trying to convince her to move to Arizona!! I love serving with and in this area!

We had a very great training on agency and how it’s really all up to us if we want to make a difference in our personal lives. We choose to be angry and we choose to be sad, there are all different kind of choices out in the world and its powerful how in a just a few seconds of making a choice it can change your life forever. We were visiting with some fewer actives natives we had a lesson with them. It was neat to hear them say that they had gone to the temple and how they could not deny the feeling and spirit that was there and how it strengthen their testimony, he said no matter how much people try to say it is not true it will always be the way. I know that, that is truth being spoken by heavenly father’s child.

Sense the day I got in this area we had been knocking on this certain trailer and it has been about 3 months until finally someone was home. We were able to meet with her and her daughter and she thanked us for never giving up on her home she isn’t very active in the church but she shared with us her strong testimony and we were able to make an appointment for this coming week to meet with her.

This week I have been in the book of alma and I was reading about the 2,000 stripling warriors and how they did not doubt their mothers knew it, I thought to myself how true that is in my life my mother is a strong woman and when she did not have the gospel in her life nor in mine, she still taught us to do what is right. Never did she ever teach me anything wrong, in my eyes she is the best mother ever. I often think about the struggles she had to go through and the trails I had to help her in but I know with all my heart that she was called to this earth to be my mother to teach me and it is because of her faith that was able to help me join this church and now on a mission. I know that my mom is a true example. I couldn’t have done anything in my life with her and my heavenly fathers support.

No comments:

Post a Comment